Sunday, July 18, 2010

New Widget Being Developed!

    So I've started developing a new widget for this blog! It's going to use Javascript, JQuery and AJAX and PHP as the back-end. As you can't use PHP on blogger, the PHP will be hosted on an old site of mine. The AJAX will mean there shouldn't be any re-loads when you submit the form but it will also mean that if you don't have javascript enabled, you won't be able to use this Widget! I'm working on a workaround for it now but if on the off-chance that you see some weird looking widget under the My Music Library heading in the sidebar, don't use it! I'm not really sure what'll happen if you do but most likely you'll be re-directed to a page full of PHP errors!
    Also, when this widget goes live, don't try to hack it! It will be authenticated server-side so nothing will get through and you're just making it hard work for me! I'm requesting comments for this post too by the way! If anyone has any workarounds for writing to a .txt file in blogger using javascript, jquery or ajax I'm all ears! Same goes for implementing some sort of spam prevention too. At some stage, depending on how well it goes on this blog, I would like to bring this mainstream and open this out to other people who want to use it. So watch this space!
       NotMyFault

No comments:

Post a Comment